More Another Skin Mods!

I've just been having a blast modding Eloh Eliot's Another Skin templates! I kept meaning to post when I released the drow skins but never got around to it. Today I finished a female vampire skin so I'll just yap about both now!




Just released today is the Vampiress skin. She is pale with gothy-colored lips, which include variations with blood dripping and smeared on the chin. I was fiddling around with the templates used for the gothic lolita mod and came up with a unique red color and finish on the lips that just screamed vampire to me. I stashed it away for a while and just came back to finish it and I'm pleased with the results. I originally had the skin much less pale, but a good friend of mine pointed this out so I corrected it to hopefully get a much vampier look! I had so much fun digging through my inventory for outfits to wear and model this skin with. It's just so fun to have such drastically different looks for my character. :)




Here is the dark version of the drow mod I finished a little while ago. I'm a pretty big nerd and love D&D and the lore behind it. While drow aren't my favorite race to play, I love the way they look... it's just so distinct. In SL any old skin can really pass off for an elf or dwarf but drow have their own unique features. I'd been thinking of doing a drow mod since I hadn't found any skins in-world I was wild about and, well, doing these mods is just too much fun, not to mention I save L$ AND am able to give it away for free later! Just too good of a deal to pass up. :) The lovely dark drow lady has multiple lip colors for matching on the fly with her latest robes or armor!





Very similar to the darker drow skin, this lighter tone was the original color I made before I decided to darken it later. I already uploaded it so decided to go ahead and finish the lips and release it too! Her lip hues are almost an exact clone of darker drow's. I prefer the darker drow skin, but do like this one as well since the features are more noticeable to me with the lighter skin hue. It was so much fun doing the modeling for both female drow skins... mostly in finding the outfits. I found the hair during a sale at Curious Kitties and thought it would be perfect for a drow av, should I ever put one together. I'm really happy with how both skins turned out and hope they get use by others! :)





Eloh released a lovely male skin template a while ago and I worked with it to make a personal skin, but wanted to do something I could release to everyone. After making the female drow skins a friend asked about a male version, which was a great idea! I tried to match the hue of the darker female skin for this guy. Since drow men are known to be smaller and weaker than the ladies, I vastly reduced the muscle shading. The outcome was pretty good, I think, for my second time working with a male skin. I don't know the detailing on a male body like I do with female, so I had to mostly go with what looked good. I think it turned out OK. At least the guys aren't left out now! :) Oh! I can't believe I almost forgot this -- I want to give special thanks to my boyfriend Kupo and friend Vlad for modeling in the box shot for this skin. I only had one hairstyle I could use so it was greatly appreciated!


There was another milestone over the past week or so -- sales for the mods surpassed 500! I'm thrilled to pieces that people are actually interested in something I made, haha! Thanks everyone!

The skins can be found on OnRez and SLExchange, as well as at Bare Rose HQ in the freebie section.

2 comments:

Love the new skins! The vampy's one makeup thing is just so cool. I think I'm gonna try it out later. <3

10:33 AM  

You are incredible talented.

Thank you for being so generous and sharing your amazing creations!

3:14 AM  

Newer Post Older Post Home